Ok, so, $260 and counting to go to Living Water International this season thanks to those of you who tipped and bought CDs from the website to give to friends! THANK YOU!
(The 2 for 1 price will continue until Jan 1st at http://www.lauramariemusic.com and money will still go to the cause even after Christmas.)
Yay!!! Now on to the brownies:
I've been busy baking brownies. Not just any brownies, BLACK BEAN BROWNIES!!! And they are sooooo awesome.
No, they don't taste like beans. They are gluten free and delicious and, without all the flour, they are a bit better for you than "normal" ones. (half the fat, twice the protein and 2g of fiber...yeah!) I flat out dare you to try them. I tried three different recipes and combined a couple until I got just the right cakey-ness according to my taste testers.
So, if Pete and the boys like them, they have to be good.
Black Bean Brownies (Gluten free)
1 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans ( rinsed and drained)
3 tablespoons oil
1/4 - 1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Semi sweet chocolate chips
1. First, puree black beens in food processor until smooth (you may need to add a few tablespoons of water)
2. Add other ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips in processor together until blended.
3. Stir in some chocolate chips
4. Pour into a greased 8x8 cake pan.
5. Bake at 350 F for approximately 30 -35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
6. Let cool completely before cutting.